Early Admissions Exercise
Apply for your dream course in NP based on your aptitudes and interests via the EAE(I), an aptitude-based admissions exercise. The admission offer is conditional, based on your final ITE results.
You must be a final-year ITE student who is about to complete:
- NITEC course in June or December in 2022; OR
- Higher NITEC course in September in 2022 or March 2023
- Apply via the EAE(I) portal.
- Application period is from 9 to 15 June 2022.
- Choose up to 3 courses, and submit a write-up for each selected course detailing your interest, aptitude and talents.
- List your accomplishments that are relevant to the course.
- Show us your aptitude for applied learning through activities that you have joined.
- Talk about your CCAs that are relevant to the course.
- Draft your write-up on paper first, then get someone to give you feedback.
- Focus on key highlights because you have a limited amount of characters.
- You will be notified during the EAE selection stage if you are shortlisted for an interview. Present a portfolio and showcase your aptitude, passion and commitment.
- Your portfolio can include evidence of your award certificates, CCAs, key activities, work samples, or other interests and hobbies. Final selection is based on your interview performance and portfolio.
- Ensure your portfolio contains your most relevant work. Highlight activities you participate in or outside of school that are related to your diploma of choice.
Release of Result
- Check and accept posting results at EAE(I) portal.
- If you change your mind after accepting the posting, submit your withdrawal online. Otherwise, you cannot participate in the Joint Polytechnic Admissions Exercise (JPAE) in February.
- If your application is successful, you will be granted a conditional posting. The condition is that you are required to obtain:
- Final net GPA of 2.0 or better for Higher NITEC qualification; OR
- Final net GPA of 3.5 or better* for NITEC qualification
- For NITEC in Nursing holders only, the minimum GPA requirement for admission to the Diploma in Nursing is 3.0.
- Your conditional posting will be confirmed if you meet the above criteria upon the release of ITE examination results. You will receive an enrolment package with instructions on how to accept your offer online via eEnrol portal.
Joint Polytechnic Admissions Exercise
The exercise allows ITE Higher Nitec and Nitec applicants to submit application for admission to full-time courses offered by the 5 polytechnics.
You are eligible under JPAE if you have not studied in a polytechnic before and have one of the following qualifications:
- Holders of relevant Higher Nitec or ITC/CBS who attained the minimum net GPA of 2.0
- Holders of relevant Nitec/NTC-2 who attained the minimum net GPA of 3.5
- Final semester graduating full-time ITE students
- ITE students from the Direct-Entry to Polytechnic Programme (DPP) who meet the qualifying GPA requirements
To view the list of our courses and their respective entry requirements, visit the JPAE portal.
Apply online through the JPAE portal.
Application period is from Monday, 21 February 2022, 9am to Friday, 25 February 2022, 4pm.
Choose up to 8 eligible courses across all polytechnics.