Direct Admissions Exercise
The Direct Admissions Exercise (DAE) allows applicants whose qualifications are ineligible under JAE and JPAE to apply for admission to our full-time diploma courses. Admission is based on academic merit.
You must have sat for Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level and have never studied in any polytechnic / university previously.
A-Level graduates can apply via the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE), which takes place in January, using their O-Level results. They can also apply via the respective Direct Admissions Exercise, which runs from December to February and in August. The list of courses and their minimum entry requirements for each application period can be found under Advanced Standing. Eligible A-Level graduates who meet the minimum entry requirements may be exempted from one or two semesters of the 3-year polytechnic studies.
- For courses that are not listed, admission will be based on the GCE ‘O’ Level results (or equivalent). The entry requirements and planned intake can be found here.
- Applicants can apply for direct entry to the 2nd year (Year 2 Semester 1) of selected 3-year full-time diploma courses in February. Applicants may check the entry requirements here (102KB). Application opens upon the release of GCE’ A’ Level results and closes in February. Term starts in April.
- Applicants can apply for direct entry to 2-year (Year 2 Semester 2) OR 2.5-year (Year 1 Semester 2) of selected 3-year full-time diploma courses in August. Applicants may check the entry requirements here (140KB). Application opens and closes in August. Term starts in October.
- Applicants admitted to 2-year or 2.5-year of selected 3-year full-time diploma courses will study for 4 or 5 semesters respectively.
- Apply via the Direct Admissions Exercise (DAE) Portal during the respective application period.
- Your supporting documents should be uploaded to the DAE portal during the online application.
- You can include up to 3 choices in NP for which you are eligible
- You will only receive 1 offer if successful.
|Direct Entry to Year 2 Semester 1 (Apr Sem) - 2 yrs|
Entry to Year 1 Semester 1 (Apr Sem) - 3 yrs
|Direct Entry to Year 2 Semester 2 (Oct Sem) - 2 yrs|
Entry to Year 1 Semester 2 (Oct Sem) - 2.5 yrs
|Application period||Upon release of GCE-A level results (February 2023)||Early to mid Aug 2023|
|Posting Date||By 31 March 2023||By 29 September 2023|
|Term Start Date||17 April 2023||16 October 2023|
- The outcome of your application will be released online through the DAE portal
- If your application is successful, you will receive an enrolment card with instructions on how to accept your offer online.
- The period between receiving your card and your course registration appointment can be as short as 1 or 2 days. It is very important that you accept the offer during the appointment.
- You can accept your offer online via eEnrol portal.