Poly Foundation Programme Admissions Exercise
The Polytechnic Foundation Programme Admissions Exercise (PFPAE) allows top Secondary 4 Normal (Academic) students to apply for admission to courses offered under the Polytechnic Foundation Programme. This is an alternative pathway instead of taking the GCE ‘O’ Levels in Secondary 5.
You must be a Secondary 4 Normal (Academic) student with a raw ELMAB3* aggregate score of 12 points or better. If you are eligible, your school will issue you a Form P on the day of the release of the GCE O-Level results.
*ELMAB3 = English Language (EL), Mathematics (MA), Best 3 other subjects (B3), excluding CCA bonus points
Course Entry Requirements
|Subjects||Minimum Grade||Subjects||Minimum Grade|
|English Language Syllabus A
||1-3||English Language Syllabus A||1-2|
|Math (Syllabus A / Additional)||1-3||Math (Syllabus A / Additional)
|One of the following subjects:
||1-3||One of the following subjects:
|Any two other subjects (excl. CCA)
||1-3||Any two other subjects (excl. CCA)||1-3|
You are granted CCA bonus points if you obtained the following CCA grade:
- Excellent (A1 to A2) = 2 points
- Good (B3 to C6) = 1 point
If you sat for certain subject(s) in the GCE O-Level examination, the following conversion matrix will be adopted during the computation of aggregate.
- GCE O Level Grade A1 to B3 – 1 Aggregate Point for PFP
- GCE O Level Grade B4 to C6 – 2 Aggregate Point for PFP
- GCE O Level Grade D7 – 3 Aggregate Point for PFP
Choose from 2 groups of courses listed below, which have different minimum grade requirements. If the NP course that you want is not listed below, you have to continue with your Secondary 5 studies and prepare well for the GCE 'O' Level examination.
School of Life Sciences & Chemical Technology
- Biomedical Science (N59)
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (N56)
- Environmental & Water Technology (N74)
- Landscape Design & Horticulture (N57)
- Pharmaceutical Science (N73)
School of Design & Environment
- Hotel & Leisure Facilities Management (N40)
- Real Estate Business (N48)
- Design (N12)
School of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering (N65)
- Automation & Mechatronic Systems (N50)
- Biomedical Engineering (N60)
- Common Engineering Programme (N71)
- Electrical Engineering (N43)
- Electronic & Computer Engineering (N44)
- Engineering Science (N93)
- Marine & Offshore Technology (N42)
- Mechanical Engineering (N41)
School of Health Sciences
- Nursing (N69)
- Optometry (N83)
School of InfoComm Technology
- Common ICT Programme (N98)
- Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics (N94)
- Data Science (N81) [Renamed]
- Immersive Media (N55)
- Information Technology (N54)
School of Business & Accountancy
- Accountancy (N51)
- Banking & Finance (N53)
- Business Studies (N45)
- Common Business Programme (N97)
- International Trade & Business (N85)
- Tourism & Resort Management (N72)
School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Arts Business Management (N91)
- Chinese Media & Communication (N88)
- Chinese Studies (N70)
- Community Development (N11)
- Early Childhood Development & Education (N96)*
*In order to be granted teacher certification status to teach up to Kindergarten levels by Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA), new teachers must have a minimum of a B4 grade for GCE O-Levels English as a First Language (EL1) or equivalent.
PFP Students will be granted conditional certification to teach up to Kindergarten levels upon graduation and have two years from the point of teacher certification to obtain at least a B4 (GCE O-levels EL1) or an English Language Acceptable Alternative. Otherwise, students will be certified to teach up to Nursery Levels after the two-year conditional certification.
School of Film & Media Studies
- Mass Communication (N67)
- Film, Sound & Video (N82)
- Media Post-Production (N13)
Apply online at the PFPAE portal using the PFP PIN in your Form P. You can choose up to 5 eligible courses across all polytechnics. Application period is 5 calendar days staring from the release of GCE-O Level results.
- Results will be released online at the PFPAE Portal four days after the close of the application window.
- If your result is successful, please indicate acceptance within three working days after results released. Once accepted, you will be withdrawn from Secondary 5.
- If you have accepted the posting, you will receive an enrolment package in 3 to 4 weeks with instructions on how to enrol for your course online via eEnrol portal.
- To appeal for a transfer, submit up to 3 course choices across all 5 polytechnics via the PFPAE Appeal Exercise after the posting results are released.
- Appeal results will be released online at the PFP Appeal Exercise Portal.
- If your appeal is successful, please accept within three working days after appeal results are released. Your original PFPAE posting will be revoked.
- More details on the timeline will be made available on the PFP portal following the release of the GCE-O Level results.
If the appeal is unsuccessful, you have 2 options:
- Accept the original PFP offer or
- Reject the offer and continue with Secondary 5 and try again via the Early Admissions Exercise or the Joint Admissions Exercise after taking your ‘O’ levels.