- NP Full Time Staff, Adjunct Lecturers
- NIEC@NP Teaching Staff
- SIT@NP Teaching Staff
- NP Full-Time & CET Student
- NIEC@NP Full-Time & CET Student
- SIT@NP Full Time & CET Student
'External Member' includes:
- ELBC@NP Short-Term Students (English Language Bridging Course)
- Retired NP Staff
- Student Alumni of NP who has signed up as NP Library External Member
- Any individual or corporation who has signed up as NP Library External Member
|Patron Type||Loan Limit||Request Limit||Print Books||Multimedia||Magazines|
Reference Books e.g. Standards
Restricted Media e.g. R21 Films
|Staff||60 items||60 items||28 days||7 days||7 days||7 days||7 days^|
|Student||30 items||30 items||28 days||7 days||7 days||N/A||Max. of 4 hours of onsite viewing on the same day^|
|External Members||20 items||20 items||28 days||7 days||7 days||N/A||N/A|
Maximum Renewal Period:
- Print Books: 16 weeks (112 days)
- Multimedia, Magazines, Reference Books (e.g. Standards): 4 weeks (28 days)
^Restricted Media is kept in Closed Stacks. Both NP Staff and NP Students must first submit an online form to request for loan.
Only NP Staff can borrow Restricted Media out of Library premises for academic purposes.
NP students can only borrow Restricted Media only for on-premise viewing in the Library's designated Media Viewing Rooms (Eris 1 and Eris 2).
Loaned items will auto renew 3 days before due date until it reaches its maximum renewal period.
- Item is nearing max renewal period
- Item has been requested by others
- There are unreturned overdue items or unpaid fines in your account. Return your overdue items and pay your outstanding fines to resume automatic or manual renewal privileges.
- Your account is restricted or expiring soon
You may also choose to manually renew borrowed items via your Library account anytime within the item's maximum renewal period.
Item for Loan
Borrow physical items via Self-Checkout Terminals on Level 2 with your membership ID.
You may view your loan status and due date in your Library account.
Want to borrow accompanying materials (e.g. learning kits) of Print items? Contact us via live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
You are unable to borrow if:
- Item is already 'on hold' and awaiting collection by another library member who has successfully requested it.
- You have unreturned overdue items or unpaid fines in your account. Return your overdue items and pay your outstanding fines to resume your loan privileges.
Note: If your account is expiring soon, the loan period of borrowed items will be shortened.
Restricted Media & M18 Media
Restricted Media is kept in Closed Stacks.
M18 Media has a open shelf call number and location when you search on catalogue, however only the dummy case without disc inside is found on open shelves. The discs can only be retrieved by Library staff.
- NP Students must first submit an online form to request for loan of M18 or Restricted Media. NP Students' request will be routed to their lecturer for endorsement.
- (M18 Media) Once request is endorsed, you will receive an email with instructions to retrieve the M18 Media at the Library GO! kiosk at Atrium on Ground Floor of Blk 1 (below the Library). With approval, M18 Media can be borrowed out of the Library premises by students.
- (Restricted Media) Once request is endorsed, you will receive email instructions to collect item from Library staff at the counter for viewing in the Library's Media Viewing Rooms (Eris 1 and Eris 2) for maximum of 4 hours. Access to the rooms will be facilitated by Library staff. NOTE: Restricted Media cannot be borrowed out of the Library premises by students.
- (Restricted Media) NP Staff must first submit an online form to request for loan and declare they are borrowing for academic teaching purposes. Restricted Media can be borrowed out of the Library premises by NP Staff.
- Once request is processed, you will receive email instructions to collect item from the Library GO! kiosk at Atrium on Ground Floor of Blk 1 (below the Library).
eBooks can be borrowed via our eBook platform subscriptions.
Users may select between 1 to 14 days for loan. eBooks will be automatically ‘returned’ once the selected loan period is up.
Request & Collect
You may request any item eligible for loan under your membership type & privileges.
To request an item, simply select ‘Request’ for the Item Result in the online Library catalogue.
Your request will be pending while it is being processed. If your request is successful, you will receive an email notification to collect the item.
Items that cannot be requested include:
- Accompanying materials (e.g. a learning kit that accompanies a book)
Collecting requested items:
Requests will be processed within 2-3 working days. You will receive an email notification with a QR code when your request is successful and item is ready for collection.
To collect, scan the QR code at the Library GO kiosk reader located at the ground floor of the Atrium at Blk 1 (one level below the library).
Requested items are available for collection within 7 days. If you no longer want the item, you may let the collection period lapse.
The Library GO! Kiosk is available anytime during NP’s Campus Hours.
Return an item
Return your item anytime during Campus Opening Hours at the Library GO kiosk at the Ground Floor of the Atrium (Block 1), located below the Library.
You may also return your item at the Return Machine located at Level 2 within the Library during service hours.
Items Not Returned
You will be alerted via email if any of your borrowed items is approaching its return due date.
Overdue fines will incur for items not returned after their due date.
Items not returned more than 35 days after its due date are considered as lost and will incur lost charges.
View our Fines & Payment policy.