What are the minimum entry requirements for CET Diploma an​d Post-Diploma courses?

The minim​um entry requirements (MERs) for all diplomas, post-diplomas and short courses differ. For the MERs of each course, please visit the respective course pages. You can find the course pages under the "Courses" section of the CET website.

Why do I need to meet the minimum entry requirements where academic results are concerned when I have so many years of working experience?

Besides years of relevant working experience, the Minimum Entry Requirements (MERs) help CET to assess your ability to cope with the academic rigour of the courses.

Why is relevant working experience required?

CET courses are designed with your relevant working experience in mind. Your relevant working experience helps you better understand the topics' context or the work examples used as you may have previously solved problems or undertaken projects in the area of discipline.

Why do Post-Diploma programmes require a Diploma qualification as a minimum entry requirement?

The Post-Diploma courses enables existing diploma or degree holders to develop specialisations within their trained disciplines, or to prepare for a career switch in a different discipline. As they are built upon the polytechnic diploma curriculum, the minimum entry requirements include a polytechnic diploma.

What if I do not meet the minimum entry requirements? Can I still try to apply for the course?

If you have relevant qualifications but do not meet the pre-requisite subject grades, you may be considered for admission after clearing interviews or entrance tests, subject to Ngee Ann Polytechnic's discretion. You will be notified if you are selected for interviews or entrance tests.

What are entrance tests?

Entrance tests establishes your ability to cope with the academic rigour of the course and may be offered if you do not meet the minimum entry requirements. Entrance tests may be conducted for English, Maths and Science (Physics).

How do I apply for the Entrance Tests?

If you are selected to sit for the Entrance Tests, you will be notified by email to register and pay the test fees.

How do I apply for a course?

For details on the application process, you may refer to Course Application Guide

I am allowed to apply for a full course, modular/post-diploma certificate or individual modules for most CET Diploma and Post-Diploma courses. Which application path should I take?

To complete the course in the shortest time, apply for a full Diploma/Post Diploma course. Full Diploma/Post-Diploma students are given priority during module enrolment. Modular/Post-Diploma Certificate students who do not get a place will have to wait for the next run. If you are uncertain that you can commit the time, apply for a Modular/Post-Diploma Certificate or individual modules. Please note that the validity period will apply in order to stack up the modular/post-diploma certificates or modules to a full diploma qualification.

​Is there a limit to the number of applications I can make?

No. However, you can only accept one course in the event that you are offered more than one. This is to ensure that you have sufficient time dedicated to your studies.

I have submitted my application online. What do I do next?

If you have successfully submitted your application for the course online, please do the following:

  • visit the respective course catalogue and print out the checklist of documents to be submitted
  • complete all required fields on the checklist and submit the relevant documents, as well as the completed checklist to us.

Please note that applications with incomplete documents will not be evaluated.

How will I be informed of the status of my course application?

Application evaluation will take up to two months in view of the rigorous review process.
The course application status release date is posted on the course catalogue. You may check your application status here.
Successful applicants will receive an email confirmation from CET Academy. It is important to provide a valid email address during your application.

I notice that the registration for the course I wanted to attend is now closed. How do I get more information on the next run of the course?

You may register your interest at https://www1.np.edu.sg/cet/crm/Interested.aspx.You will be alerted via email once the course is open for online application.

Please note that registering your interest is not the same as application or acceptance into the course. This is an alert service to notify interested applicants to apply online during the application period.

I was overseas and submitted my documents only after the deadline. Will I still be considered?

All late submissions will not be considered or evaluated.

I would like to change the choice of the course I have applied but I was unable to change it online. What should I do next?

If the applicant wishes to change the course applied, a fresh application has to be submitted online for the desired course. Once the online application period closes, no change request will be allowed.

I was an ex-part-time Diploma student with Ngee Ann Polytechnic and I was told that I have some unpaid fees. What should I do?

All outstanding fees needs to be paid before we can process your enrollment for another course. For clarifications, please email us with your full name and NRIC number at enquiryCET@np.edu.sg. You may still apply for the course of your interest. However, the outstanding amount will have to be paid before we can enrol you. If payment for the outstanding amount and the new course fees are not received by the stipulated deadline, your course offer will lapse and the vacancy will be opened to the waiting list.

I believed I am one of the first few applicants who have applied for the course when the registration is open, but why am I not in the list of evaluated candidates?

You will be evaluated based on merit and relevant work experience, not order of application. If you have outstanding documents that were not submitted, the evaluation committee will not be able to evaluate your eligibility.

When I checked my online status regarding my application, it was reflected as "Incomplete submission of documents". Why didn't CET Academy call and inform me so that I can submit the documents duly?

Every effort is taken to contact applicants via emails and/or phone calls to request for the pre-requisite documents. We will follow-up with applicants who submit incomplete documents via email and/or phone calls. However as we receive a large number of applications each semester, we would appreciate it if you can refer to the Application Checklist to ensure that all required supporting documents are submitted.

Will exemptions be given for modules that I have previously taken somewhere else? Will I need to pay the fees for modules exempted?

Please make a request for module exemption when you are offered a place in the course. Exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Fees will be pro-rated for exempted modules.
Please also refer to FAQs on Recognition of Prior Learning.

When do I pay my course fees?

Fees are only payable upon acceptance into the course. You will be informed about the fees payable and the payment deadline in our letter of offer.
The offer will lapse if the fees are not paid by the due date. Appeal for admission will then be subject to available vacancies.

What are the fees that I need to pay?

The fees comprises course fees and insurance fees. For more details about the fees payable, please refer to the respective course pages.

How do I pay my fees?

Please refer to the following link for details of payment modes: Course Application Guide

What are the financial aid or incentives that I can apply for?​

If you are taking Modular/Post-Diploma Certificates or full qualification courses, you may use your Post Secondary Education Account (PSEA) to pay fees. You may also apply for MOE Bursaries if you are in the Part-Time Diploma Programme subject to eligibility criterias. For details, please refer to our schemes page.
You may also use your SkillsFuture Credit to pay the module fees. The miscellaneous and insurance fees of $12.60 cannot be paid via SkillsFuture Credit.

I am a Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme r​ecipient. Can I apply for Training Allowance?

If you are taking Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) courses or Academic Continuing Education and Training (CET) courses approved by the Ministry of Education (MOE) on your own (without your employer's support), you will be eligible for $4.50 training allowance for each hour of training subject to terms and conditions. For more details, please visit WDA website at www.wda.gov.sg

I wish to withdraw from a course, how do I go about doing it? 

Before you plan to withdraw from a course there are policies regarding withdrawal which we would like to highlight, you may access these policies and instructions on how to withdraw h​ere

FAQS (Courses)​

What are the different types of courses offered by ​​​​CET Academy?

CET Academy offers the following types of courses:

  • CET Post-Diploma
  • Short courses
  • Customised courses for companies
  • WSQ courses
  • National Silver Academy courses

How are the CET Diploma and Post-Diploma courses structured?

CET Diploma courses are conducted over 5 semesters while CET Post-Diploma courses are conducted between 2 to 4 semesters. You will take between 2 to 4 modules in each semester.

A Modular Certificate (MC) or a Post-Diploma Certificate (PDC) will be awarded upon completion of all the modules in the semester.

A Diploma or Post-Diploma will be awarded upon successful completion of all the MCs or PDCs within a validity period.

What is the difference between Modular Certificates (MCs) and Post-Diploma Certificates (PDCs)?

MCs and PDCs refer to the Certificates awarded after the successful completion of a number of modules at the end of the semester. MCs are the certificates awarded in the CET Diploma courses while PDCs are the certificates awarded in the Post-Diploma courses.

What are the key features of the CET Diploma/Post-Diploma Qualifications Framework?

The CET Diploma and Post-Diploma courses have the same modular structure which offers flexibility for you to learn at your own pace. This framework is adopted by all polytechnics in Singapore.The key features are:

  • You may enroll for individual modules or a group of modules under a Modular Certificate, a Post-Diploma Certificate, a full Diploma, or a Post-Diploma.

  • Obtaining a Modular or Post-Diploma Certificate acknowledges that the you have gained a new set of expertise that will enable you to perform in a certain job function.

  • Modules are stackable towards a Modular Certificate or Post-Diploma Certificate.

  • Modular Certificates are stackable to a full CET Diploma and Post-Diploma Certificates are stackable to a full Post-Diploma.

What are the differences among the three different types of Post-Diploma courses offered?

Advanced Diploma (AD) and Specialist Diploma (SD) courses enable existing diploma or degree holders to deepen their knowledge and to develop specialisations within their trained disciplines.

  • SD courses have a shorter duration of between 240 and 300 hours and can be completed within a year. They consist of two Post-Diploma Certificates.

  • AD courses have a broader scope of training, takes between 480 and 600 hours, and can be completed in about 1.5 to two years. They consist of three or more Post-Diploma Certificates. Certain courses such as those in nursing and early childhood care & education may have a longer course duration due to regulatory bodies/accreditation agencies requirements.

  • DC Diploma (Conversion) courses prepare existing diploma or degree holders for a career switch. These courses have a duration of 240 hours or longer and can be com pleted in about eight months to a year. They are offered via two Post-Diploma Certificates for a one-year course.

Unlike CET Diplomas which are more broad-based, DC courses are focused towards specific job requirements and can be completed faster.

What is the duration of the CET Diploma and Post-Diploma programmes?

Numbers of MCs/PDCs Total Cour se Duration
Diploma Five 2.5   years
Diploma(Conversion) Two up to one year
Specialist Diploma Two up to one year
Advanced Diploma Three to four 1.5 to two years

Note: Certain courses such as those in nursing and early childhood care & education may have longer course duration due to requirements from the regulatory bodies/ accreditation agencies

What are the differences between Polytechnic Diploma programmes and WDA’s WSQ Diploma programmes?

Polytechnic Diplomas are developed in consultation with industries and economic agencies. They equip students with a broad level of industry-oriented skills with some focus on relevant content training.

WDA’s Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Diplomas are developed with industries and focus on the existing and future needs of specific occupations. They equip students with more practical, work-oriented skills that employers have identified as important in the workplace.

What is the attendance requirement for each subject?

The minimum attendance requirement is 50% of the course contact hours. A reminder will be sent if you are approaching this threshold.

What if my attendance falls below 50%?

If you fail to meet the 50% attendance requirement without acceptable reasons, you may be debarred from assessments and exams and will be deemed to have failed the module.

What is the maximum deferment that I can have to obtain a full qualification, in the event that I have work or family commitments and need to take a break from my studies?

You can be given up to two times the normal course duration to complete the programme.

For example, in the case of an Advanced Diploma programme, you can take up to three to four years (the normal course duration is 1.5 to two years) to complete the various Diploma/Post-Diploma certificates and be conferred a full Advanced Diploma qualification.

Is there a certain date by which I must submit my deferment request?

Deferment requests have to be made by Week 12 of the semester. Late submissions will not be considered.

Can I get a refund on my school fees if I apply for deferment?

No refund on course fees will be given once a student is enrolled in a semester. Students who are eligible for funding subsidy will be deemed to have enjoyed the funding subsidy for that module enrolled and will not receive further funding subsidy in the same module.

What are the modes of assessments for this course?

The assessment modes are usually through written examinations, assignments, practical tests, and presentations. For more details of the modes of assessment for each course, please visit the course websites.

If my assessment/examination dates coincides with my work assignment, can I arrange for an alternate date and time?

You are advised to plan your work commitments around your course time-table to avoid clashes. If that is not possible, you are advised to defer your studies.

NP may be prepared to re-schedule assessments and examinations if sufficient notice is given and subject to logistical constraints, failing which you will have to defer the affected module(s) to another semester.

Do I have to repeat the whole MC if I fail 1 module within the MC?

No, you will only need to repeat the module that you failed. However, you will only be awarded the MC after you have passed all the modules.

Is there supplementary exam for the failed module?

There will be no supplementary exams for any failed module in a MC.

Is there funding subsidy for the repeat modules?

There will be no funding subsidy for a repeat module and students are required to pay full fee for repeat modules.

Can I progress to the next MC if I fail any module(s) within my current MC?​

We advise you to repeat that failed module(s) in the following semester while the learning is still fresh. You may also take modules from other MCs if the timetable and scheduling permits.

However, you may also delay the failed module until you have completed all the MCs in the course. If there are more than one failed module outstanding, it may not be possible to take all the outstanding modules in the same semester, depending on timetabling and scheduling arrangements.

What are the criteria to be eligible for graduation in a Diploma/Post-Diploma course?

You are required to pass all modules in all MCs/PDCs in order to graduate.

Will I be able to apply for undergraduates studies in the local autonomous universities after I am awarded my Diploma?

The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) will accept CET graduates into most of their undergraduate programmes. Some programmes may require applicants to undertake an assessment test/interview. Please refer to Singapore University of Social Sciences(SUSS)website

NUS will accept CET graduates from relevant disciplines into the B.Tech programme if they undertake and pass a bridging programme. For more details, please refer to http://scale.nus.edu.sg/admission/admission-requirement.html

Will Post-Diploma programmes help me to gain admission into Universities?

The Post-Diploma courses are for existing diploma or degree holders who are planning to enter into a different industry, or wish to develop specialised skills within their trained disciplines. They focus on the specific industry needs and not for progression into a degree programme.

However, universities may take these additional qualifications into consideration when assessing your application.

What are the policies that I need to take note of?

Please refer to the information in the student handbook

What must I know about student conduct in NP?

Please refer to the information in the student handbook which can be downloaded on the intranet.

How do I pay my fees?

Please refer to the following link for details of payment modes:  Course Application Guide

What are the facilities in NP available for my use as a student?

You may use the library and wireless internet.

How do I report the loss of my CET Student Card?

You will need to lodge a police report and pay a $10 application fee. Please bring along the following documents to CET Academy Office for your card replacement.

  • 1. NRIC

  • 2. Police Report

  • 3. Replacement Form - download here.

Is there any guidance from MOE on Continuing Education Training?

Please visit MOE website on CET at :

How else can I contact CET Academy other than calling the hotline?

You may send us an email enquiry.

Enquiries via Email:

Part-Time Diploma & Skills-Based Modular Courses -enquiryPTD@np.edu.sg
Advanced/Specialist/Diploma (Conversion) & Skills-Based Modular Courses -enquiryPDP@np.edu.sg
WSQ (Workforce Skills Qualification) Courses -enquiryWSQ@np.edu.sg
SkillsFuture Earn & Learn Programmes -enquiryELP@np.edu.sg
Short Courses and National Silver Academy (NSA) Coursesfor Seniors -enquiryCET@np.edu.sg
General Enquiries -enquiryCET@np.edu.sg
Examination Enquiries -cet_exam@np.edu.sg​​



Recognition of Prior Learning

What is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?

RPL refers to the recognition of knowledge and skills acquired or currently held by individuals. The knowledge and skills may be attained through formal and informal training, education or work experiences and recognition is given based on assessment of evidence submitted against endorsed industry or company competency standards.

Who can apply via RPL pathway?

RPL is for working adults who have significant work experience and prior learning to apply for admission to any participating RPL courses. Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness.

Which courses are available for RPL Application?

Do refer to the individual course page for RPL availability. Courses relating to nursing and early childhood education are not available for RPL application.

When can I submit the RPL application?

You can submit the RPL application when the course application period opens.

How do I submit an RPL application?

Application for courses are done online. Select the option “ …would like to apply via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)…”.

What sort of supporting evidence do I need to provide during the RPL application?

For the online application, you will need to provide a summary of your prior learning and skills (max 200 characters) in the online application box. Some examples include:

  • Industry Certification (e.g. CAAS, CISCO)
  • Certificates of Learning (e.g. Company in-house training, ITE Certification, Poly CET module certification, WSQ Certification, MOOCs, Online modular assessments)
  • Employer or Association References (e.g. Letter of recommendation or sponsorship)
  • Portfolio (Evidence of skills/special talent/achievement)

After we have received your online RPL application, we will contact you regarding the submission of the required evidence. Details of your prior learning and skills must be clearly stated in the RPL Checklist and all evidence must be attached for submission.

Will there be fees chargeable in the RPL application?

You may be required to attend an interview or take an assessment. A non-refundable administrative fee may be charged for RPL applications and evaluation (e.g. Preliminary test for admission or required assessments for subject/module exemption).

When will I be informed of the outcome of my RPL application?

You can check your RPL application and course application status about 1-2 months after the application deadline.

Where can I find the RPL Checklist

Click here for the RPL ​Check​list.​​​​​ ​​​