Aims & Objectives
- To enable students to appreciate green building designs through model-making
At the end of the module, students will be able to:
Teaching & Learning Approaches
- Appreciate and understand passive and active designs in environmental friendly buildings
- Adopt and practice some of the green ideas in their own homes
- Make architectural model using balsa wood and card board
- Describe various structural components of buildings
Concepts, theories and illustration using photos and examples will be delivered in the lectures. Site visit to BCA Zero Energy Building will allow the students to witness first-hand the applications of various green features in a building. They will see features such as natural lighting, natural ventilation, sun shades, sun pipes, solar panels and green roof.
From the concepts and examples learned in lectures and the site visit, the students will incorporate the various green features into the green building model.
Having learned the various building components and how to read architectural plans, the students will construct a scaled building model according to a prepared architectural plan.
||16 hours |