- Local and overseas internships with ST Aerospace, ST Electronics, Resorts World Sentosa and Germany’s Bochum University of Applied Sciences
- High demand for graduates with career opportunities in electrical, aerospace, marine, transportation, biopharmaceutical, media and high-tech manufacturing industries
- A Minor in Business Management offers more exciting career and degree opportunities
Do you know who are behind Changi Airport’s changing information displays and massive security system? And who designs and builds the systems that power submarines and aircraft?
Electrical engineers, that’s who. And if you’re interested in developing systems like that, then our Diploma in Electrical Engineering is for you.
This highly flexible diploma, with six specialisations in its final year, is built on a broad-based foundation in electrical, electronic and computer engineering. You will learn how to design, configure and programme modern power systems as well as sophisticated electronic and computer systems.
In your final year, you will put your knowledge to the test with a six-month internship with industry leaders such as ST Aerospace and Power Grid or established universities such as the Bochum University of Applied Sciences in Germany!
Alternatively, you may choose to hone your skills by working on a six-month design project.
Minor in Business Management
Delivered by Ngee Ann’s School of Business & Accountancy – Singapore’s premier polytechnic business school – these business modules will equip you with what you need to be an entrepreneur, manager or marketing guru. Paired with your strong foundation in engineering, this optional minor will ensure that you enjoy a far wider range of exciting career and degree opportunities!
Electrical engineering graduates in Singapore enjoy one of the highest employment rates and starting salaries. After all, every industry – from aerospace to biomedicine and tourism – could do with an electrical engineer! You can also join the electricity consultancy and high-tech manufacturing industries as a sales and marketing engineer, maintenance engineer or facilities executive. Many of our grads have also risen to managerial positions or have become entrepreneurs!
You can also apply for an Electrical Technician Licence, issued by the Energy Market Authority, upon graduation. This licence may be your ticket to a better tomorrow if you decide to start your own business or work in an electrical contracting business.
This diploma is recognised by leading universities both locally and abroad. You may be granted credit exemptions or direct entry into the second or third year of related engineering courses at:
• National University of Singapore
• Nanyang Technological University
• Singapore Institute of Technology
• Singapore University of Technology and Design
• University of Manchester (UK)
• University of Southampton (UK)
• University of Sheffield (UK)
• University of New South Wales (Australia)
• Queensland University of Technology (Australia)
You can also apply for non-engineering degree courses. The Minor in Business Management will give you a head-start when applying for such courses.
Here are more details on the degree options and advanced standing at the universities - locally and overseas.