- Excellent foundation in audio-visual technology and in-depth exposure to the arts and entertainment industries
- Hands-on training in state-of-the-art facilities which include an acoustic lab, recording studio and theatre with full stage-lighting setup
- Go on an internship with leading players such as Esplanade and MediaCorp from as early as your first year
- A Minor in Business Management offers more exciting career and degree opportunities
Enjoyed catching concerts by Lady Gaga and Super Junior as well as the F1 Night Race in Singapore? Then, don’t forget to thank the backstage heroes who helped put together the awesome audio-visual spectacle!
In fact, these guys are also behind the scenes of every mega-concert, live event, radio or TV programme ever staged. If you would like to join their ranks, then our Diploma in Audio-visual Technology (AVT) will teach you everything you need.
You will learn about live performance system integration and management, stage lighting, live sound control, and digital media applications. What’s more, you’ll get to hone these skills in facilities featuring the latest hifi equipment and media technologies.
If you are musically inclined, you can also be involved in stage sound design and music composition for live performances. Our new elective modules will prepare you for that.
AVT’s strong emphasis on hands-on training also means that you will get to go on internships with leading industry players like Esplanade and MediaCorp from as early as your first year!
Minor in Business Management
Delivered by Ngee Ann’s School of Business & Accountancy – Singapore’s premier polytechnic business school – these business modules will equip you with what you need to be an entrepreneur, manager or marketing guru. Paired with your strong foundation in engineering, this optional minor will ensure that you enjoy a far wider range of exciting career and degree opportunities!
As an AVT graduate, you will be able to land a job in the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions), arts and entertainment, audio- video consumer electronics, broadcast and multimedia industries. You can work as a stage lighting designer, concert sound specialist, recording engineer, stage manager, event producer or video production editor.
Potential employers include Esplanade, MediaCorp, event and video production companies, hotels and integrated resorts.
AVT’s strong technology foundation opens doors for you to pursue degrees both locally and abroad. You may be granted credit exemptions or direct entry into the second year of related degree courses at these universities.
• National University of Singapore
• Nanyang Technological University
• Salford University of Manchester (UK)
• University of Glasgow (UK)
• University of Miami (US)
• Queensland University of Technology (Australia)
You can also apply for non-engineering degree courses. The Minor in Business Management will give you a head-start when applying for such courses.
Here are more details on the degree options and advanced standing at the universities - locally and overseas.