Models & Purchase
Students enrolled in Advertising & Public Relations, Mass Communication, Film Sound & Video, Multimedia & Animation, Audio-Visual Technology,Animation & 3D Arts, Chinese Media & Communication
should only purchase Apple Notebook computers. The reasons for purchasing an Apple Notebook computer for these courses are as follows:
- The Apple Notebook computer currently offer superior colour representation which is important in the design and development of creative/media products.
- The creative media industry, for which these diplomas prepare their graduates, is currently, predominantly a Mac OS environment.
Students from all other courses are required to own Windows-based Notebook computers as they would be using software provided by their Schools or Divisions that do not have an Apple version.
For notebook related course-specific queries, please click here .
For students enrolling into the Diploma in Health Sciences (Nursing), you are NOT required to purchase a laptop computer. Instead, please check here for details of the mobile device specified for your course.
Student without Home Broadband who have financial difficulties may apply to IDA's NEU PC Plus Programme (Broadband-Only Scheme) or NP's Mobile Broadband Scheme. Application forms are available at SS Office at Blk 4 level 1.
Authorized Notebook Suppliers for 2014 :
• Dell Notebooks
Tel: 6544 1212 (Mon - Fri : 8:30am to 5:30pm)
• Hewlett-Packard Notebooks
Tel: 6749 7940 (Mon - Fri : 9am to 5pm)
• AsiaPac for Fujitsu Notebooks
Tel: 1800-274 2722 (Mon - Fri : 9am to 6pm)
• UIC Asian Computer Services for Lenovo Notebooks
Tel: 6339 2220 (Mon - Fri : 11am to 8pm ; Sat - Sun : 12pm to 8pm)
• Sapura Synergy Singapore for Apple Notebooks
Tel: 9695 0486 (Mon - Fri : 8:30am to 6pm)
» Why Should I purchase my Notebook from the authorized suppliers?
Advantage #1 : Collective Consumer ProtectionThe Polytechnic may be able to help arbitrate any genuine issue that could arise during your 3 years at NP.
Advantage #2 : Notebooks with 3-Year Warranty
The Notebooks come with a 3-Year Warranty, inclusive of all parts (including AC adapter and cord) and labour cost (exception for the battery which normally comes with 1-Year Warranty).
- Each Notebook is accompanied by an official Letter or Certificate from the manufacturer (of the notebook computer) stating the 3-Year Warranty, inclusive of all parts (including AC adapter and cord)and labour cost, except for the battery.
- Each Notebook will also be accompanied by a recovery CD-ROM Instructional Manual and Carrying Bag.
Advantage #3 : Next-Business Day Service
Our authorised suppliers provide after-sales services on a Next-Business Day basis on site.
Advantage #4 : Pre-loaded Software
The approved notebook models come with NP software. All you need to do is access NP's Software Portal at http://www.np.edu.sg/software
(ii) instructions to do a one-time registration of your notebook computer.
(iii) further instructions to install the required software.
» How many Notebooks am I allowed to purchase from the authorized suppliers?
Each student is only allowed to purchase ONE unit of Notebook, regardless from which authorised suppliers. (NP Staff may purchase Notebooks without the NP Software).
It is necessary to show your Student Card or Staff Card when you place your order and take delivery of your Notebook from the authorized suppliers.
» Am I entitled to use the software provided by Ngee Ann Polytechnic after I leave the Polytechnic?
No. All software provided by the Polytechnic must be un-installed or removed from your Notebook once you are no longer a student or staff of Ngee Ann Polytechnic.