A growing world population and climate change is set to bring about the need to increase water supplies. Be at the frontline to combat environmental challenges when you join the Diploma in Environmental & Water Technology (EWT). Jointly developed with the PUB, this diploma will equip you with a firm grounding in the key areas of water technology, waste management and resource conservation, as well as pollution monitoring and control.
In your first year, you will be introduced to basic concepts of environmental science, engineering and technology with modules such as Noise Monitoring & Control, Computer Aided Design and Hydraulics. From the second year onwards, you will learn in-depth modules in various aspects of environmental engineering and water technology, such as air and water quality monitoring & control. In your final year, you will work on an environmental innovation & research project and go on a four-month internship. You can opt for hands-on learning opportunities at our Centre of Innovation in Environmental and Water Technology (COI-EWT) and work alongside research engineers and scientists on industry-based projects. All EWT students have the chance to learn about sustainable environmental practices by participating in an enhanced study trip to destinations such as South Korea, Taiwan or Masdar City in Abu Dhabi.
With additional Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) Certificates in Noise Monitoring and Industrial Noise Control, you can look forward to better job prospects in the industry.
You will be well prepared for careers in government agencies, multinational corporations, university laboratories and research institutes. You can work as an environmental technologist, assistant engineer, research officer, water treatment specialist and many more. Additional WSQ certificates will also qualify you for jobs such as a Noise Monitoring Officer or Noise Control Officer.
• Biodiversity Conservation Officer
• Parks Officer
• Research Officer
• Research Assistant
You may be granted up to one year’s exemption when you apply for environmental and civil engineering programmes at National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University.
Examples of degree programmes that EWT graduates can apply for are listed as follows:
• Environmental Engineering• Civil Engineering
• Environmental Studies
For more details
• Environmental Engineering
• Environmental Engineering and Economics• Environmental Engineering with a Minor in Business• Environmental Engineering with a Second Major in Business• Environmental Engineering with a second Major in Society and Urban Systems
• Civil Engineering• Civil Engineering and Economics• Civil Engineering with a Minor in Business• Civil Engineering with a Second Major in Business• Civil Engineering with a second Major in Society and Urban Systems
• Materials Engineering
• Physics/ Applied Physics• Science (Education)• Biological Sciences• Environmental Earth Systems Science
You may enjoy exemptions of up to two years when you apply for related degree programmes at the following overseas universities:
• Murdoch University (Australia)• University of Adelaide (Australia)• University of New South Wales (Australia)• University of Queensland (Australia)• University of Western Australia (Australia)
• University of Birmingham (UK)• University of Manchester (UK)• Newcastle University (UK)
You can also deepen your skills and further your career by enrolling in the following post-diploma courses offered by Ngee Ann Polytechnic:
• Specialist Diploma in Analytical Sciences* • Specialist Diploma in Sustainable Facilities Management*
* Offered under SkillsFuture Earn and Learn Programme
You must also fulfil the aggregate computation requirements.
* Candidates with English as a second language (EL2) must have attained a minimum grade of 6.
YEAR 1 MODULES
YEAR 2 MODULES
YEAR 3 MODULES
Ms Lin Shuning Corliss
School of Life Sciences & Chemical Technology
Blk 83, Level 5
Tel: 6460 8468
Fax : 6467 9109
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Toll free: 1800-4607333 (admission to full-time courses)
General enquiries: 6466 6555
Fax: 6468 3207