Liaison Librarians are able to provide the link between students and lecturers and to ensure that teaching and learning needs are met. They can provide the following support:
- handle information enquiries, keep lecturers updated on resources, library services and policies, and discuss with them on any other requirements where the Library can be of assistance
- guide lecturers on how to create their own alerts in OPAC to keep abreast of new titles
- work jointly with lecturers to develop the Library’s collections of books, journals, media and e-resources in subject areas specific to their modules
- work closely with lecturers to develop and conduct information and research skills session in a specific subject area for students
- provide training on how to integrate library resources into Blackboard and create online reading list for their students covering journal articles, e-books, e-journals, Web resources and OPAC records related to their modules.
If you have queries, you may contact the librarians supporting your School/Divs: