The course provides comprehensive training in the biological, social and behavioural sciences, together with 45 weeks of clinical attachment throughout the three-year course to enable students to put into practice what they have learned.
The students are attached to the following hospitals and healthcare institutions:
National Healthcare Group Cluster:
- Alexandra Hospital
- Institute Of Mental Health/Woodbridge Hospital
- National University Hospital
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- National Healthcare Group Polyclinics
- Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Batok, Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Hougang, Jurong, Toa Payoh, Woodlands, and Yishun Polyclinics
- Changi General Hospital
- Singapore General Hospital
- KK Women's & Children's Hospital
- SingHealth Polyclinics
- Bedok, Bukit Merah, Geylang, Marine Parade, Outram, Queensown, Paris Ris, Sengkang, and Tampines Polyclinics
Private and Community Hospitals:
- Ang Mo Kio-Thye Hua Kwan Hospital
- Bright Vision Hospital
- Gleneagles Hospital
- Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital And Nursing Home
- St Luke's Hospital
- Mount Alvernia Hospital
- Raffles Hospital
Other institutions include the Health Promotion Board , various Nursing Homes, Day Rehabilitation Centres, Dementia Day Care Centres, Psychiatric Day Care Centres, and Rehabilitation Homes.
Click here to see what the patients had to say about our HS students.
Our Optometry Students are not left out. The budding optometrists run the state-of-the-art Ngee Ann Polytechnic Optometry Centre (NPOC) to serve the public. The NPOC serves not just to train our students to deal with real clients but also help us serve the community by offering minimally priced eyecare for all.
Beyond running the full-fledged NPOC for the public, the Optometry students also gained significant industry partners from within the optometry industry. Our student gained industry experience from:
- Optometry centres in the private sector
- Public healthcare institutions
- Industry-leading optical glass manufacturers
- amongst many others within the field of optometry