The School of Humanities & Social Sciences (HMS) is the first such school amongst local polytechnics. The School offers a total of 10 courses (7 full-time and 3 part-time) that are highly demanded by the industry.
HMS offers a wide spectrum of professional courses which open doors to a myriad of career opportunities in emerging fields. Our broad-based curriculum, as well as industry-relevant and practice-oriented approach will prepare you for a bright future.
At HMS, you will be trained to enrich the lives of others, to inspire and reach out to them. You will also develop a passion for learning, the abliity to think creatively and an appreciation for diversity!
Our 7 full-time Diplomas are:
Arts Business Management (ABM)
Chinese Media & Communication (CMC)
Child Psychology & Early Education (CPEE)
Business & Social Enterprise (BZSE)
Chinese Studies (CHS)
Early Childhood Education (ECH)
Psychology Studies (PCS)
Our 3 part-time courses are:
Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching (DECCE - T)
Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Intervention (Special Needs) (ADECI-SN)
Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education -Leadership (ADECCEL)
What is that Something X'tra at the School of Humanities & Social Sciences?
- Theories are augmented by experiential learning, overseas study trips, academic and cultural immersion programmes.
- Character building programmes through our Service Learning Model to encourage the spirit of volunteerism and servant leadership.
- Work, shadow and learn under the guidance of experienced industry professionals in our internship schemes.
- Enterprising and innovative students are allowed to embark on self-initiated projects.
- Enjoy creative and unusual enrichment workshops like puppetry, art therapy, brush painting, etc...mounted only by HMS for the HMS students