Our facilities for student training and development in the media have impressed many of our industry and foreign guests, and include the latest and most up-to-date digital technologies, such as:
- TV studios,
- a radio presentation studio,
- one of Singapore's largest green screen studios,
- Avid and ProTools stations,
- a Dolby digital 5.1 Surround Sound mixing studio,
- sound post production room,
- video and audio production, editing and post-production suites,
- two multi-track audio recording studios,
- an electronic music laboratory,
- a sound stage,
- visual effects labs,
- and distribution and maintenance sites for field production equipment.
We also have a cinema-standard preview theatre, equipped with film projectors that can play 16mm and 35mm film, and all other common formats. This is where students are exposed to the best films in the region that are not screened at our cineplexes. FMS also regularly invites and hosts renowned local and foreign filmmakers to share with our students about difficulties on the ground, challenges and breakthroughs in their production or financing process.
Other special facilities to support our various electives include an integrated newsroom, campus radio and TV stations housed in the office of www.fmsmidea.com, Singapore's first student-run media conglomerate.
Lectures and tutorials are conducted in various locations throughout the campus.