1. How can I obtain more information regarding Ngee Ann Polytechnic and the courses available?
You can visit our website at http://www.np.edu.sg. The Polytechnic offers a wide range of full-time diploma courses. For a list of the courses available, please click here. You are welcome to our Open House usually held in January. More details will be available in our website during the Open House period.
2. What are the differences among the courses with similar names offered by the five Polytechnics?
Although the contents of these courses are generally similar, there may be differences in the emphasis, the topics covered and options offered.
3. What is the intake of students?
The student intake for polytechnic courses may vary from year to year depending on the projected manpower requirements of Singapore and the intake capacity of the courses offered. In general, the intake is around 4,500-5,000 per year.
4. What is the Cut-Off Point (COP) of a course?
The COP for a course is the aggregate of the last successful applicant of that course, ie. the aggregate of the applicant who fills the last vacancy.
5. What is the highest Cut-Off Point (COP) for admission into Ngee Ann Polytechnic?
The COPs vary from year to year depending on the number of places available for each course and the academic results of the applicants.
Please see here for the latest COPs.
6. What are the chances of getting into a certain course if my aggregate score is higher than the previous year's Cut-Off Point (COP) for the course?
Even if your aggregate is higher than last year's COP, you can still include it as one of your choices, especially if you are interested in the course. This year's COP may differ from last year's. However, please also include some courses for which you do stand a good chance of gaining admission.