The Joint Polytechnic Special Admissions Exercise (JPSAE) considers students who demonstrate a strong passion or aptitude through work attachments, sustained involvement in projects, outstanding performance in competitions like the Maths/Science Olympiads and other academic-related areas. Students who possess exceptional talent in areas such as leadership, community service, entrepreneurship, sports and the arts will also be considered for admission under this exercise.
You are eligible under JPSAE 2013 if you are one of the following :
- Singaporeans or Permanent Residents (PR) with Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'O' level results of 2012.
- Non-Singaporeans or Non PRs from a government, government-aided and independent school (excluding private schools) with Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'O' level results of 2012.
In addition, you must belong to at least one of the following categories
1) Possess exceptional talent, achievements or passion in a chosen field at national and zonal competitions or are actively involved in the following areas :
Sportspersons who have reached the National levels, or who are in the 1st to 3rd placing at National School and Zone-level School competitions are invited to apply. We strongly welcome sportspersons with similar achievements in the following sports :
- Canoe related sports (Canoe Polo, Racing)
- Cheerleading / Gymnastics
- Dragon Boat
- Track & Field
ii) Arts & Culture
We welcome students with a passion for the arts and culture or are actively involved in :
- Concert Band, as members of a top placing team in the National School Band competition
- Chinese Orchestra, as office bearers actively participating in public events
- Indian Cultural Society, as prize-winners at Inter-school or Vasantham Central's competitions
- Drama Clubs, as producers, scriptwriters, directors, lead actors/actresses (and other key roles) or with drama performance experiences outside of school
- Dance Groups, including Chinese Cultural Dance, Folk Dance, Ballet, Modern Dance and other forms of Asian ethnic dances with strong emphasis on technical and creative expressions
- Arts Festival events
- Youth Festival events holding key roles
iii) Leadership, community service, entrepreneurship
We welcome students with leadership qualities such as those who have :
- Held key appointments in clubs and societies for the school or the community
- Participated actively in relevant events, activities or special projects at national or cluster levels
- Performed a key role in the setting up or management of a business or had relevant work experience
2) Keen in two media courses with special course-related requirements
i) Diploma in Film, Sound & Video (FSV)
- For those with strong creative abilities and a desire to express themselves through the visual media
ii) Diploma in Mass Communication (MCM)
- For those with strong writing, creative thinking and interpersonal skills
- During JAE period (10 Jan 2013, 3pm - 14 Jan 2013, 4pm)
Apply online through the JPSAE portal.
To participate in the JPSAE, you are required to sign up for a JPSAE account. An email with your login password will be sent to you after you have done so.
You can apply for a maximum of 3 courses within a single polytechnic or a single course at 3 different polytechnics or any other combination. You must apply for at least 1 course and no duplicate courses are allowed across your choices.
In addition, you are to submit a brief write-up of no more than 500 characters, detailing your talents, achievements, passion or aptitude that you wish to be considered.
For those applying for Mass Communication and / or Film, Sound & Video courses, details of your course-specific talents / aptitudes are needed in your application.
Students applying under JPSAE will be short-listed and invited to participate in an interview as part of the admission process.
The interview is designed to assess your talents, achievements or passion as indicated in your application. It provides the interviewers with a valuable opportunity to know you better beyond your application. The interview allows them to evaluate your understanding of, and aptitude for your course that you have applied for, and to give you the opportunity to explain why you are committed to studying it.
Selection is based on your interview performance and demonstration of your talent and passion.
Before your interview
1) Have I been shortlisted?
Close to a week after the end of the JPSAE application, if you have been short-listed, you will receive a call from the Polytechnic to invite you for an interview, together with the interview details.
Please note that you will be short-listed for only ONE interview regardless of the number of NP Diploma courses applied for.
2) What do I need to bring for the interview?
You are required to present a portfolio that shows evidence of special talent / achievements or passion / aptitude during the interview. Click here to find out what makes up a portfolio and some helpful tips.
||Release of Posting Results|
The outcome of your application will be released online through the JPSAE portal on 31 Jan 2013, 8am.
Login using your NRIC and password via JPSAE portal to check the posting results.
If you are posted to one of our courses, learn more about how you can accept your posting here.